Saturday, January 21, 2006

The songs Layton's singing...

Apparently, Jack Layton has been seriously stepping up his attacks against the Liberals. He's asking Liberal voters who are disappointed in their monarchy - oops, I mean government- to "lend him their votes."

I can't help but wonder though- Jacky's campaign has been marked by a lot of lefty ideology and rhetoric. Which I don't really mind, because being a lefty, I tend to agree with it. Except for his position on private health care, which I'll save for another post. Anyhoo- here my point: If Jack is really so concerned about his lefty issues, wouldn't it make more sense for him to be trying to scare voters away from the Conservatives? The Liberal platform and policies come much closer to the NDP's worldview than does the Conservative's.

Clearly Jack realizes that he stands to gain more votes by wooing the disgruntled Liberal voter. The thing is, he knows he's not gonna win- he's 17 points behind Harper's Conservatives. Which begs the question: What does Jack think serves the public interest best- more NDP's in parliament, or fewer Conservatives?

3 Comments:

Blogger Charlie Tee said...

Hi Emma Jo, I wanted to comment on your last post (I'll catch up and stay more current, I promise)
In my entire life I have never heard anyone, Muslim or non Muslim put so eloquently a thought as you've laid out. I sat here and just cried.
For my entire life (and tomorrow is my birthday)I have wanted to live in a peaceful world. I really believe in my heart that there is room for us all to exist in ways that make us truly happy.We don't have to shuffle the entire world around but right where we are just learn acceptance.
I'm not condoning bin Ladens actions either but there are many many things at stake here, namely, humanity.It takes people like you to get the ball rolling. Please don't ever give up.
Thank you for being in our lives, and thank you for the things that you say.
lovingly,Charlie Tee

21 January, 2006  
Blogger Charlie Tee said...

PS. I hope that you don't mind, I'm going to add your blog to my links list, it's just important to me.Tee

21 January, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a vote for layton is a vote for this...

very scary:
www.harperstiestousa.org

very funny:
http://arkady.indymedia.org/media/video/StandUpnSING-lo.mov

21 January, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home